The Namaste Yoga Studio Yoga Teacher Training Program is a 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Teacher Training, newly developed in 2016. This program is organized as a journey through the chakras, beginning with the Root Chakra, Muladhara, in September. All anatomy, philosophy, journaling, and teaching experience will be guided through these 7 wheels. It includes:
- Practice and analysis of yoga asanas, including standing poses, balance poses, hip-opening poses, backbends, forward bends, twists, arm balances, and inversions
- Yoga anatomy, physiology, and alignment, taught by Cyndy Edwards
- A variety of pranayama, mudra, and meditation practices and techniques instructed by both staff members using the book How to Meditate by Pema Chodron
- Sanskrit terms for poses and terms related to the Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita as well as the poses learned each month
- Yogic philosophy, specifically using texts such as Deborah Adele’s Yamas & Niyamas, Jack Kornfield’s A Path with Heart, Anodea Judith’s Chakra Balancing, Living the Sutras by Kelly DiNardo and Amy Pearce-Hayden, and Steven Mitchell’s translation of the Bhagavad Gita
- Teaching methodology, planning and sequencing yoga classes and workshops, teacher demonstrations and assists, and more using The Science of Yoga by Ann Swanson
- The use of language in a yoga class and how to use verbal cues to move students
- Using class theming to create a mind/body experience for students using Teaching Yoga Beyond the Poses
- Professional ethics taught by Namaste staff
- Students will receive mentoring by our staff of three Yoga Alliance certified RYT 500 instructors, a deep connection with their yoga kula, a personal journey with guided journaling passages using the book Just One Thing by Rick Hanson, meditation, teaching, and practice time, as well as silent retreat requirements, written assignments and personal and small group reflection time.
Join Jolynn McFerren, Namaste Yoga owner and 500eRYT, Cyndy Edwards 200eRYT, and other guest teachers for a rich and transformational Yoga Teacher Training experience. This 9-month, Yoga Alliance Registered, yoga teacher training program meets one weekend a month 8AM-4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, with additional required Saturdays, 5 hours. Attendance is required at all sessions for graduation. We know that exceptions will occur, and make-up hours will be offered. Class size is limited to 6. For more information and an application, call Namaste Yoga Studio (330-908-0700) or email us with your contact information at email@example.com.